Friday, May 21, 2010

Hello, Dolly.

Today I decided to work from home to take care of some errands. With an early start to the day I was able to stop by 4pm. Perfect, I can watch Oprah! I was bummed when the channel guide said that today's Oprah would feature Dolly Parton. It's rare that I get to watch Oprah so I was really hoping that it would be an episode with Nate Berkus or Dr. Oz. No such luck.


I don't listen to country music and I didn't know anything about Dolly. I ended up watching the whole hour and I was pleasantly surprised. She seem like a genuine sweetheart. Did you know that she's been married to her husband for 42 years? 42!! (They've been together for 46. Also, note that is Kenny Rogers in the picture, not her hubby.) Continuing on the marriage thing...

Amazing. I'm jealous and hopeful at the same time. Dolly said that she met her husband the first day she was in Nashville. Aww... I met B (my husband to be) my first day in the DC area. I hope for 42+ years of happy marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment